Protocol to Return to Massage Therapy Service
Update January 9th, 2021: Open With Limited Capacity
My greatest concern after providing appropriate massage is to ensure that my space is safe from COVID contact or spread.
Until cases are lower in the city, I will be limiting my schedule by only seeing individuals who are:
- Staying at home with limited contact; and
- Maintaining safe same-family/household grouping; and
- Who are practicing safety guidelines
I ask people to rule themselves out for coming in if:
- My protocols are in conflict with their views; or
- They are travelling out-and-about or abroad; or
- They are self-isolating from travel
This limited reopening protocol will help reduce number of clients I see in a day. I will also open windows during your session, and have an air purifier running (you will have a heating pad on, you won’t be cold).
Upon arrival you will be asked to wash hands and do an oral rinse (provided). A properly-fitted mask is required in the space.
Please remember to complete the self-assesment test BEFORE you come in:
Here are some resources for you to explore:
Detour Virtual Studio
The DVS space offers a 2-week free trial. Visit the DVS website for details: www.detourvirtualstudio.com
Movement For Resilience
Movement For Resilience includes a bunch of body-based self regulation tools and practice, with some yoga mixed in. Check them out on YouTube for more: https://www.youtube.com/c/Move...
Slow Flow/Gentle Yoga
Held on Wednesdays @ 9.30 am via Parliament Street Fitness. My personal yoga teacher of choice will be back January 6th, 2021. Sign up is at: https://parliamentstreetfitnes... Click ‘Register’ to get set up. Class is $12.
NEW: Self-Assessment Test Required Before Appointment
Click the link below and fill out 24 hours prior to your appointment:
The new normal – disinfect after each appointment, frequent hand washing, and mask wearing:
- Mask or shield required to enter the building & office. In the case that you forget, give me a call and I’ll meet you at the outside entrance with a mask ($3.00).
- Bring your own water. If you forget, box water (single use) is available.
- Wash your hands when you enter and before you leave the studio.
- 30 minutes between each client is allocated to clean and disinfect the treatment rooms and studio, including extra cleaning for high-touch areas (door handles, washroom, etc.).
- Waiting room is limited to 2 people at a time. Physical distancing rules apply.
- Social distancing will be practiced in the studio.
- Therapists complete Infection Prevention & Control Fundamental e-Learning.
- All new equipment added to promote a healthy studio. Includes: air purifier; Robot vacuum cleaner; floor and carpet steamers; no-touch soap and sanitizer dispensers; increased sanitizing products.
- Increased air flow in the treatment space. The window is open both during treatment and overnight. If it is too cool outside, the window is closed during treatment and opened after and in-between sessions.
Common symptoms that will rule you out for coming to the studio:
- Fever (temperature of 37.8C or greater)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Hoarse voice
- Difficulty swallowing
- New taste disorder
- Nausea/vomit, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion
Note: we are still monitoring the situation regularly and maintain contact with regulatory body, government, public health and other relevant associations.
Thank-you! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
– Yvonne Osondu, RMT